Dental Cleaning Miami, FL
At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we provide dental cleanings and examinations to patients throughout Miami. We believe that preventative care is essential for staying in good oral health. Our goal is to keep our patients as healthy as possible. The best way to do so is through ongoing dental care and teaching our patients how to practice good oral hygiene at home. If you live in the Miami area, call (305) 434-4800 to schedule your exam and to learn how you can stay healthy year-round.
Dental Cleanings and Examinations for Children
Our team works with patients of various ages and knows how to help children to feel comfortable while visiting the dentist. Families throughout Florida visit our dentist office to for their child to receive a teeth cleaning. We recommend that teeth cleanings and exams start from a very young age. This is important for ensuring that baby teeth grow in properly and stay healthy until the adult teeth are ready to come in. People may not realize how important healthy baby teeth are. Children can get cavities and gum disease just like adults do. The difference being that children are less capable of understanding or dealing with discomfort. We recommend that parents throughout Miami bring their children in for dental cleanings and examinations at least twice a year. This way, we can remove harmful plaque and bacteria in order to prevent cavities.
While cleaning children's teeth, our staff will be sure to practice gentle dentistry. By building a rapport with our young patients, they will feel more relaxed during their dental appointments. Thus, visiting the dentist becomes fun instead of intimidating. We also recommend that parents take the time to read stories about going to the dentist and play games by teaching children how to examine their toy's teeth. These little steps can help children to feel comfortable when getting their own teeth cleaned. By doing so twice a year, their baby teeth are more likely to stay in until they are supposed to fall out, and their adult teeth will also stay healthier. If you have questions about scheduling an appointment for your child call 305-434-4800.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Cleaning Miami
Miami Dental Cleaning and Examinations
We recommend that adults throughout Miami FL receive teeth cleanings at least twice a year, as well. Good oral health is important regardless of how old you are. As people age, their risk for an oral infection continues to increase. The older teeth get, the more the protective enamel starts to wear away, and it can become easier to get a cavity. The best way to combat this is by brushing and flossing throughout the day in addition to visiting the dentist on a regular basis. We offer flexible appointment times so that you can schedule an appointment around your work or family schedule, making it easier than ever to get a teeth cleaning.
At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we practice gentle dentistry and provide teeth cleanings for patients with sensitive teeth. Many adults avoid visiting the dentist due to concern that their teeth will hurt or feel worse during the exam or subsequent cleaning. When working with the right dentist, you can feel comfortable regardless of how sensitive your teeth are. We offer a variety of sedation methods so that you do not have to feel anything while getting your dental cleaning and examinations. Whether you need something to relax or direct pain medication, we can create a treatment plan that includes sedation so that you can remain comfortable.
If you live in Florida, it is important to understand the reason that teeth become sensitive. Very often, it is due to the enamel on the outside of the teeth wearing away. Enamel can wear away due to age, what you eat and improper oral health care. While brushing with desensitizing toothpaste can help, you need to continue visiting the dentist to ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy. Otherwise, the sensitivity can increase. During your dental exam, let us know about the discomfort you are feeling so that we can discuss ways to reduce it by using methods such as a fluoride treatment or sealant.
Regularly scheduled dental cleaning and examinations can help to prevent a dental emergency. Many adults go far too long between visits to the dentist. As a year or two goes by, infections can develop that create a painful situation and lead to dental emergencies. For example, a minor cavity can be corrected with minimal discomfort. However, if the infection spreads into the center of the tooth, the dental pulp can become infected and a root canal will become necessary. Fortunately, these types of infections can typically be avoided by scheduling an appointment twice a year with Dr. Rita Dargham. It is important to keep in mind that healthy teeth are also less likely to become damaged or injured. By staying in good health, you can prevent teeth from becoming cracked or chipped during an accident
During the teeth cleaning and examination, we will also discuss ways that you can keep your teeth and gums healthy at home. At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we believe that good oral hygiene at home is important to do in conjunction with visiting our office. We recommend that you use a soft toothbrush to brush your teeth twice a day and use fluoride toothpaste. This will keep harmful sugar and bacteria off of your teeth and the fluoride will help to strengthen them. You will also benefit from flossing daily to get food particles and bacteria out of hard to reach places. Following up with an antibacterial mouthwash will help to kill any remaining germs.
Your diet is also important to good oral health. Make sure to drink plenty of water and eat a diet that contains dairy products, lean protein, green vegetables and complex carbs so that your body gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. We can provide additional tips and information during your dental cleaning and examinations. To schedule your appointment with Dr. Rita The Smile Designer call (305) 434-4800.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry combines comprehensive dental principles with artistic sensibility to design and create optimally healthy and beautiful restorations intended to enhance the appearance of one’s smile while preserving ideal function and form.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to breakdown as a result of bacterial invasion, causing an acidic induced erosion of healthy tooth structure.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and can result from a lack of proper oral hygiene. A synonym of “decay”, and also called “cavities”, caries is a breakdown of teeth due to acids made by bacteria. The cavities may be a number of different colors from yellow to black.
- Dental Checkup
- A comprehensive oral examination that focuses on the evaluation of hard and soft oral structures including, but not limited to, the teeth, gums, jaw bone, jaw joint, bite, and cosmetic aspects of the smile. Both clinical and radiographic information is used to assess the status of the oral health while detecting any form of pathology that may affect the health of the oral cavity and its associated structures.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the damaged structure of a tooth by using tooth colored resins or porcelain materials to restore natural form, function, and estethetics to the dentition.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth,thereby reducing the risks of inflammation and breakdown of the dentition’s supporting structures.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants are preventative restorations that contain a resinous material that is applied to the deep pits and fissures detected on the chewing surfaces of newly erupted teeth. These are used to help prevent dental caries from developing in children’s permanent molars and premolars.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth, and poor oral hygiene. Gingivitis can be a precursor to more advanced forms of periodontal disease if it is not controlled and reversed. Signs of gingivitis include soft tissue redness,inflammation, and bleeding. Proper brushing, flossing, and prevention helps to prevent and reverse signs of early gum disease.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry focuses on education, modalities, and treatment designed to achieve and maintain optimal oral health, described as one free of structural, bacterial, and restorative breakdown.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove. Its presence will require professional dental debridement and education on its prevention. Daily removal of plaque by proper brushing and flossing habits will reduce the incidence of tartar and the pathology associated with its presence.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the outermost protective layer of the tooth. Enamel is white and visible. Its hard composition protects the underlying layers, dentin and pulp, respectively.
Back to top of Dental Cleaning and Examinations
Stay healthy by keeping up regular dental cleanings and examinations at our office.Brushing and flossing your teeth is not the only way to help keep your teeth healthy. No matter how much people brush and floss, there are areas of the mouth that only a professional dentist can reach. This is where we come in.With…
Has it been a while since your last dental checkup? Keep your smile healthy by scheduling one today.If it's time for a dental checkup, don't delay. When it comes to maintaining your oral health, it is crucial to seek regular checkups at least twice a year. With professional dental checkups, we can help prevent any…
As a dentist, we strive to clean our patients' teeth while also ensuring that their teeth remain healthy. Our aim is for our patients to retain their natural teeth for as long as possible. Preventative care plays an important role in accomplishing this since regular teeth cleanings are essential for preventing infection and disease. It…
Make sure the weekends remain great by preventing dental infection with the proper care.When it comes to preventative dental care, it is crucial to schedule regular dental checkups at least twice per year. With regular dental checkups, we can help you maintain your oral health. Brushing twice a day and flossing once a day will…