What Can I Do to Improve My Smile Miami, FL
My Formal is Soon, What Can I Do to Improve My Smile? Your formal is coming up, and you are embarrassed by your smile. What do you do? Call the dentist. Whether you are getting ready for the homecoming dance, prom, or any formal event, you want to be confident enough to show off your smile. Your formal is something that only happens in high school, and it is an event to really look forward to. These pictures will last a lifetime and so will your memories, but making sure you love your pictures takes work and planning. At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we can help you love your smile, even if your formal is only a week or two away. Here are a few of the steps we recommend.
Have Your Teeth Cleaned
Call (305) 858-0505 and schedule a teeth cleaning with our dental office. We can get you scheduled right away, and you will be amazed by how much better your teeth look when they are clean and the plaque and tartar have been removed. Plaque can make your teeth appear yellow and stained, even when they are not actually dirty. The good news is that a teeth cleaning can usually be completed in under an hour. After all, a cleaning is even more important for your health than it is for your appearance.
Teeth Whitening Options
If your teeth have become stained, it may not be your fault. Even taking antibiotics on a regular basis can make your white teeth turn yellow. Drinking soda, eating a great deal of pasta with red sauce, or soy sauce on your sushi can stain your teeth. Unfortunately, these stains can make you look far older and even make you look unhealthy. This is not how you want to remember looking during your high school years. You should be fresh-faced and beautiful with bright white teeth. We will do everything possible to give you a beautiful smile during one appointment. By comparison, the whitening strips you buy in the store can take weeks to produce real results.
When you visit our dental office for a teeth whitening, you will be using a professional-grade whitening solution that works far better than anything you can buy in the store. The kits sold in the store are typically designed to remove the surface stains on your teeth. They will work well to remove the stains from your recent soda-drinking, but they may do nothing for the discoloration caused by taking antibiotics. Our solution will address all of this, because it penetrates your enamel to target the molecules inside your teeth. Causing them to reflect less light and appear colorless, our teeth whitening solution can whiten your teeth by eight shades or more. This can dramatically change the appearance of your smile in time for homecoming or prom, and the appointment can be fast. With less than a week to go, you can visit our office and see improvements to your smile.
At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we mainly focus on the health and appearance of your teeth and gums. However, there are other things you can do to improve your smile, and that includes doing facial exercises. You can practice by looking in the mirror and flashing your biggest possible grin. Hold it for 10 to 30 seconds and repeat throughout the day. You can also work your facial muscles by singing loudly and passionately. Pull out your smartphone, download a karaoke app, and get carried away. This is a fun way to work your muscles, and your friends can join in. If you are worried about the skin around your chin, you can tighten it by pointing your chin toward the ceiling and kissing the air. Kiss the air 20 times and repeat twice. This is a simple exercise, and just like how you exercise the rest of your body, you can improve your facial muscles and your smile.
Check out what others are saying about our oral health support services on Yelp: What Can I Do to Improve My Smile? Miami
The texture of your skin and lips will also impact your smile. Use an all-natural moisturizer to make your skin look luminescent and healthy. Using a natural lip balm will also keep your lips nice and moist so you can flash a healthy, supple, and beautiful smile. When you are at the drugstore, remember to read the labels. Anything full of ingredients you cannot read is likely to be full of chemicals. They can dry out your skin and lips, making it more difficult to smile freely.
At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we encourage our Miami patients to drink plenty of water. Doing so is important for the health of your body, for the appearance of your skin, and for your teeth. Dry mouth can give you terrible breath, so even if you want to smile, you will be less inclined to do so. Drinking water helps your body produce enough saliva to wash away food particles, bacteria, and even plaque, so instead of grabbing a soda during your formal, drink from a water bottle instead. Your smile, breath, and health will thank you.
Get Ready for Your Formal by Visiting Our Miami Dentist Office
When you are out shopping for the perfect dress and shoes or renting your tux, don't forget to think about your smile. Statistically, both guys and girls find a nice smile to be the most attractive quality anyone can have. Your smile is a reflection of your personality; it can be welcoming, encouraging, playful and exciting — all the things you are and want to be. The key is for you to be confident enough in how your smile looks to be willing to show it off. The good news is that by visiting our dental office, your smile can be drastically improved, even if you only have a week or two before the big event. To get started, call 3058580505 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Rita The Smile Designer.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Can teeth whitening truly remove stains off of my teeth?
Q. What can I do to improve my smile?
Q. Does drinking water really help clean my teeth?
People Also Ask
Q. Does whitening toothpaste really work?
Q. Will teeth whitening cause any sensitivity?
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- The obsession with having whiter teeth can lead to bleachorexia, or over bleaching, causing significant damage to the tooth enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry combines comprehensive dental principles with artistic sensibility to design and create optimally healthy and beautiful restorations intended to enhance the appearance of one’s smile while preserving ideal function and form.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are discolorations that require professional oral health services such as professional cleanings, teeth whitening procedures, or porcelain veneers for improvement. They can result from consumption of certain foods and beverages, improper oral hygiene, smoking, use of childhood tetracycline antibiotics, among other causes.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is noted when the outer protective enamel layer of the tooth becomes thin or worn, causing mild to advanced sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet stimulants.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for a gel form of amorphous calcium phosphate. This is used to alleviate the discomfort associated with dental hypersensitivity.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages. The lack of proper brushing and flossing may worsen the appearance of stained teeth. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the smile.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and yellowing of teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth. That provided by a dental professional is more effective than those found over the counter.
Back to top of What Can I Do to Improve My Smile?
Give Us A Call And Achieve The Smile Of Your Dreams
People may ask, “What can I do to improve my smile?” We can help you get the perfect smile to take on the world.While brushing and flossing are excellent ways to keep your mouth healthy, there are other techniques and methods to enhance your smile. Whether you want to change the size, shape, shade, or…
There Are Plenty Of Reasons To Smile
You won't be afraid to smile after receiving a teeth whitening service at our office. Call for details.If you're looking for a way to brighten your smile, then we can help to make your pearly whites shine. The teeth whitening services at our dental office can alter the shade of your teeth for a whiter…
Give Yourself The Perfect Smile
Professional teeth whitening can make your smile another perfect part of your perfect day.If you're looking for the most effective way to whiten your teeth and brighten the appearance of your smile, then you need to consider professional teeth whitening. Unlike store-bought solutions, we can customize the treatment for your needs. By working with our…
Shine Like A Star In The Sky With Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening can brighten one's smile, brighten one's day, and brighten up one's life.If you're looking for an effective way to whiten your teeth and brighten your smile, then we can help. With professional teeth whitening, we can provide experienced guidance on how to get the most out of your teeth whitening procedure. We can…