Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Miami, FL
If you are in your junior year of high school, it is time to think ahead to your senior pictures. These are the pictures that will remain in infamy in your school yearbook and looked at by all your friends for decades. This is not your casual selfie, but something you want to really look amazing in. Your smile is the first thing people will notice in your senior pictures, so visiting the dentist is the best way to improve how you look.
Change What You Dislike About Your Smile
At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we can examine you in our cosmetic dentistry office and discuss what you do not like about your smile. If you have gaps between your teeth or they are crooked, stained, or misshapen, we can fix them in our Miami, FL dental office. There are several ways we can address most aesthetic issues. We will begin by conducting an examination, taking X-rays, discussing the timeframe we are working with, and then presenting you and your parents a variety of options to choose. Since some have set time constraints, it is best to schedule your appointment with our office as soon as possible. You can do so by calling (305) 434-4800.
Invisalign® to Straighten Your Teeth
If your biggest concern is that your teeth are crooked, we can straighten them using Invisalign®. This is the best way for you to straighten your teeth if you are worried about the appearance of traditional metal braces. The Invisalign® aligners look like a full plastic retainer, and they surround your teeth completely. By placing pressure on specific teeth, they gradually move them into the right position. Each aligner is worn for around two weeks before being switched out for the next one in the series, and since you can do that at home, you will spend less time at our dental office. The reason that our teenage patients love this option is because the aligners are removable. You can take them out to eat, brush your teeth, play sports, go to a school dance, etc. This means you are in complete control of your treatment and can still enjoy being a teenager without constantly worrying about your teeth. As long as you wear the aligners for at least 20 hours a day, your treatment will progress on schedule.
When you visit our Miami dental office, we can examine you and let you know how long your Invisalign® treatment will take. At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we find the average treatment time to be around a year and a half. The good news is that if your teeth are not perfectly straight before your senior pictures, they will at least be straighter and your smile more beautiful. Since the aligners are removable, simply take them out for your photos.
Dental Veneers to Give You a Flawless Smile
When you want a smile that rivals any Hollywood star, dental veneers are your best option. Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to the surface of your prepared teeth. They essentially replace the outer layer of your teeth, the enamel. Once bonded in place, all you see is the veneers and not the teeth beneath them. As a result, they can be used to change the shape and size of your teeth so your smile is symmetrical. They can also close gaps between your teeth, cover dark stains, and make your teeth appear straight, even though their actual position has not changed. At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we place dental veneers on a regular basis and work to produce the best results possible. During your first appointment with our Miami office, we will make an impression of your teeth and take measurements in addition to preparing your teeth. This requires us to remove a portion of your enamel so when the veneers are placed, they lay flat and do not make your teeth appear overly large. We will then provide you with a set of temporary veneers to wear while the lab completes the permanent ones. In a week or two, you will need to return to our office so your final set of veneers can be bonded to your teeth. Since several appointments are required and your teeth will be sore for a few weeks, it is recommended to schedule an appointment for around two months before your senior pictures. This way, your smile will be beautiful, and you will be used to your veneers long before stepping in front of the camera. To schedule your appointment, call 305-434-4800.
Check out what others are saying about our dental support services on Yelp: Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Miami
Dental Bonding to Improve the Appearance of Your Teeth
If your senior pictures are just around the corner, the fastest way to improve the appearance of your smile is with dental bonding. Unlike dental veneers, which can take a month, or Invisalign®, which can take a year, dental bonding can be completed in one appointment. This is a non-invasive procedure that is completed chairside, meaning without help from the dental lab. When you come in for your initial consultation, we will discuss the concerns you have about your teeth and then strategize as to the best way to correct them. For example, if one tooth is longer than the rest, we could shave off a portion of it and use dental bonding to contour it. If your teeth are yellow and severely stained, we can place dental bonding material on top of them to cover these deep stains. We can even use bonding to close small gaps in between your teeth, to restore teeth that have been cracked or chipped, and to change their overall shape and size. Dental bonding material is incredibly diverse because once applied to prepared teeth, we can shape it right then and there. Once it looks exactly right, we will harden it with a special dental light and you will be on your way. You can have your senior pictures taken that week, and your smile will look amazing.
Schedule a Consultation Today
At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we can improve your smile in time for your senior pictures. Since time is of the essence, call (305) 434-4800 to schedule an appointment with our Miami, FL dental office right away.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- The obsession with having whiter teeth can lead to bleachorexia, or over bleaching, causing significant damage to the tooth enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry combines comprehensive dental principles with artistic sensibility to design and create optimally healthy and beautiful restorations intended to enhance the appearance of one’s smile while preserving ideal function and form.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are discolorations that require professional oral health services such as professional cleanings, teeth whitening procedures, or porcelain veneers for improvement. They can result from consumption of certain foods and beverages, improper oral hygiene, smoking, use of childhood tetracycline antibiotics, among other causes.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is noted when the outer protective enamel layer of the tooth becomes thin or worn, causing mild to advanced sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet stimulants.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for a gel form of amorphous calcium phosphate. This is used to alleviate the discomfort associated with dental hypersensitivity.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages. The lack of proper brushing and flossing may worsen the appearance of stained teeth. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the smile.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and yellowing of teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth. That provided by a dental professional is more effective than those found over the counter.
Back to top of Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures
Smile brighter than ever before and improve your smile for senior pictures by calling us to schedule an appointment.If there's one year that people want to capture every moment on camera for, it's senior year of high school. One picture that ends up in yearbooks, relative's wallets, and on living room walls, is a student's…
People may ask, “What can I do to improve my smile?” We can help you get the perfect smile to take on the world.While brushing and flossing are excellent ways to keep your mouth healthy, there are other techniques and methods to enhance your smile. Whether you want to change the size, shape, shade, or…
Has it been a while since your last dental checkup? Keep your smile healthy by scheduling one today.If it's time for a dental checkup, don't delay. When it comes to maintaining your oral health, it is crucial to seek regular checkups at least twice a year. With professional dental checkups, we can help prevent any…
As a dentist, we strive to clean our patients' teeth while also ensuring that their teeth remain healthy. Our aim is for our patients to retain their natural teeth for as long as possible. Preventative care plays an important role in accomplishing this since regular teeth cleanings are essential for preventing infection and disease. It…