General Dentist Miami, FL
Practicing good oral hygiene, along with regular checkups, is essential for maintaining good health. Your teeth and gums impact the health of the entire body. If you don't take care of them, you can get sick more often and increase your risk for diseases. Things like cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay can cause incredible pain that makes it difficult to enjoy life, let alone your favorite foods. At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we understand the importance of maintaining good oral health and provide general dentistry care to help our patients live life fully. Taking simple steps like getting your teeth cleaned regularly, fixing cavities, and having regular dental examinations can prevent gum disease and additional dental health problems. Our highly trained team provides preventative care and general dentistry services for patients of all ages. Whether a child getting their teeth cleaned for the first time, a patient suffering from tooth sensitivity, or someone needing a major dental procedure, the highly trained staff at Dr. Rita The Smile Designer will provide excellent dental care.
Who Benefits From Our General Dentist Services
We work with patients throughout the Miami area to provide ongoing and preventative oral health care. We can treat patients of all ages and focus on ensuring that they are comfortable during every procedure. The team at Dr. Rita The Smile Designer is highly trained, and works with Dr. Rita Dargham to keep our patients teeth and gums in good health. By focusing on preventative care, we can help our patients live a full life. After all, a major tooth infection can create oral pain and make it difficult to enjoy even the most basic of normal activities like eating your favorite piece of pie or playing a game of softball. If you don't currently have a dentist, call (305) 858-0505 to schedule an appointment and experience how our general dentistry services can keep you and your family in good oral health.
We believe in the importance of painless dentistry. Understanding that millions of adults suffer from some form of dental anxiety, we search for ways to treat patients without causing any oral pain. Whether you have anxiety that needs to be addressed or are worried about feeling uncomfortable, the team at Dr. Rita The Smile Designer is trained on how to keep patients comfortable no matter what type of dental procedure is being performed. We strive to be a dental office that can be trusted for providing high-quality and pain-free oral health care.
Miami, Florida General Dentist
What is General Dentist?
Many people are unsure about the services that a general dentist provides. While the term "general" is often describes people that provide only the basics, the same cannot be said about our dental office. The team at Dr. Rita The Smile Designer provide a wide variety of services for patients throughout the Miami area. We start with preventative care through education, teeth cleanings, and dental exams. We work to keep our patients' teeth and gums healthy and in good condition. Without preventative health care and regular teeth cleanings, infections can develop and spread; eventually creating bone loss in both the teeth and the jawbone, which can lead to teeth falling out. With the majority of adults suffering from some form of tooth loss, preventative health care is not an option but a necessity.
Additionally, we focus on restorative dentistry. When a patient injures their tooth, we will work to correct it in a way that appears completely natural and makes it possible to eat, speak, and behave normally. This is incredibly important for the millions of adults that injure their teeth every year while playing sports, getting into a car wreck, or injuring their teeth at work. By focusing on restorations, the team at Dr. Rita The Smile Designer make it possible for patients to keep their natural teeth for as long as possible.
If a patient loses their tooth, we can also replace it using a variety of modern dental procedures. Gone are the days where a lost tooth could not be replaced. Now there are multiple options for doing so and we can accommodate a variety of patient requests in our general dentistry office. This makes it possible for adults of all ages to maintain the functionality that can only come from having a full set of teeth.
To learn more about what options are available for restoring or replacing your teeth, call 3058580505 to schedule your appointment. We will conduct a thorough exam and make recommendations for what can be done to restore the full functionality and appearance of your smile.
Check out what others are saying about our general dental services on Yelp: General Dentist Miami
We provide general dentistry to patients. If there are any additional necessary procedures that are outside of our expertise, we will refer you to an oral surgeon or other provider that we collaborate with on a regular basis. Our goal is to keep our patients in the best possible health so that when their health requires collaboration with other health care providers, we will bring them into the conversation. For the most part, we can complete numerous types of dental care.
If you are located in the greater Miami area, visit us at Dr. Rita The Smile Designer to discuss the goals you have for your smile. Our team works with patients to create a beautiful smile that they can be proud of. Our general dentistry office has the solutions patients' need for transforming their smile into something that is straight, bright, white, and beautiful. Regardless of why you do not like your smile, we can help by fixing any cosmetic or health issues to create something beautiful and natural. To learn more, call (305) 858-0505 to schedule an appointment.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry combines comprehensive dental principles with artistic sensibility to design and create optimally healthy and beautiful restorations intended to enhance the appearance of one’s smile while preserving ideal function and form.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to breakdown as a result of bacterial invasion, causing an acidic induced erosion of healthy tooth structure.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and can result from a lack of proper oral hygiene. A synonym of “decay”, and also called “cavities”, caries is a breakdown of teeth due to acids made by bacteria. The cavities may be a number of different colors from yellow to black.
- Dental Checkup
- A comprehensive oral examination that focuses on the evaluation of hard and soft oral structures including, but not limited to, the teeth, gums, jaw bone, jaw joint, bite, and cosmetic aspects of the smile. Both clinical and radiographic information is used to assess the status of the oral health while detecting any form of pathology that may affect the health of the oral cavity and its associated structures.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the damaged structure of a tooth by using tooth colored resins or porcelain materials to restore natural form, function, and estethetics to the dentition.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth,thereby reducing the risks of inflammation and breakdown of the dentition’s supporting structures.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants are preventative restorations that contain a resinous material that is applied to the deep pits and fissures detected on the chewing surfaces of newly erupted teeth. These are used to help prevent dental caries from developing in children’s permanent molars and premolars.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth, and poor oral hygiene. Gingivitis can be a precursor to more advanced forms of periodontal disease if it is not controlled and reversed. Signs of gingivitis include soft tissue redness,inflammation, and bleeding. Proper brushing, flossing, and prevention helps to prevent and reverse signs of early gum disease.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry focuses on education, modalities, and treatment designed to achieve and maintain optimal oral health, described as one free of structural, bacterial, and restorative breakdown.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove. Its presence will require professional dental debridement and education on its prevention. Daily removal of plaque by proper brushing and flossing habits will reduce the incidence of tartar and the pathology associated with its presence.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the outermost protective layer of the tooth. Enamel is white and visible. Its hard composition protects the underlying layers, dentin and pulp, respectively.
Back to top of General Dentist
A general dentist can help decrease the risk of dental infection, helping you have a better weekend.Are you in need of a dental checkup? Has it been more than six months since your last appointment? Then visit our general dentist office for the treatment and professional cleaning you need. Along with checking for signs of…
The key to having a healthy mouth and great teeth is consistency. The more consistent one is with regular dental visits, the less likely one is to have oral health problems. Along with proper at-home care, the secret is to visit at least twice a year for cleaning and examinations.While there are consequences in avoiding…
Wondering if a general dentist can help you live with your sleep apnea diagnosis? Many people do not realize that dentists can create oral appliances for their patients when they have been diagnosed with sleeping problems like snoring and sleep apnea. These oral appliances work by preventing the airway from being blocked.Finding out if a…
The more you know about dental care, the better chance you have for a healthy set of teeth. Visit our dental office for moreNo matter how much you follow an oral health routine, it is crucial to visit a dental office at least twice a year. During a regular checkup, we can examine your teeth,…