Professional Teeth Whitening Miami, FL
At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we provide professional teeth whitening services that can keep your smile bright and beautiful. If you have never had your teeth whitened, we invite you to call (305) 858-0505 and schedule an appointment with our Miami dentist office. In just one teeth bleaching visit your teeth can become up to eight shades whiter. Given how easy it is to whiten your teeth, we are asked a lot of questions about it, especially by patients that are considering an at-home whitening procedure. At our dental office, we always recommend that you schedule a professional whitening.
Professional bleaching produces better results.
The ultimate goal of whitening your teeth is to have a brilliantly white and beautiful smile. With that in mind, make sure that you are using a whitening solution that is powerful enough to do the trick. Teeth bleaching works when you apply a whitening solution that contains some type of peroxide. The solution we use in our dental office is significantly stronger than what is sold in the stores. Simultaneously, it will penetrate below the surface of your enamel to remove deeper stains. Much of what you buy in the store will only remove surface stains and leave your teeth looking a lighter version of yellow. If you live in the Miami area, you can have whiter teeth, faster, by scheduling the teeth whitening appointment at our dental office.
Should I whiten my teeth at home?
When comparing the home vs. dentist whitening solutions, consider what you are trying to accomplish. If your teeth are white but are starting to turn slightly yellow, you may see some positive results with a simple store bought solution. However, if your teeth have any stains, it is far better to skip this step and head straight to our office for a professional teeth whitening. If you do try something at home, there are a few things you should be aware of.
How long the solution remains on your teeth is important. When it comes to teeth bleaching, the whitening solution needs to be on your teeth long enough to work. This is why something like a whitening pen or whitening toothpaste can't possibly make much of a difference. The solution is washed off almost immediately. Simultaneously, when you buy whitening strips in the store, they tend to slip out of place and also lose their effectiveness.
The solution needs to get below the surface. Any time you look at whitening products, look for ones that say they penetrate below the enamel. When you schedule a professional bleaching, this will happen every time. When you buy something at the store, however, it is rare. Without penetrating below the enamel, you will never truly remove all of the stains.
If you would prefer to whiten your teeth at home, you can still have a professional teeth whitening. You can have whitening trays created at the dentist and wear them at home while using professional whitening solution. This will deliver impressive results and be more comfortable than any trays that you can buy in the store. Since store-bought whitening trays are made to fit everyone, they are typically loose, and the solution will leak out of them and into the back of your throat. This is entirely uncomfortable and completely avoidable when you use trays created by a dentist. If you live in Miami or the surrounding area, we invite you to visit our dental office to see how easy professional whitening is and how much more effective it can be than a store-bought solution.
What you should know about natural teeth bleaching solutions.
Many people make the mistake of thinking that if something is natural, it must be good for them. This is simply not the case. Natural teeth whitening can actually damage your teeth through the process of erosion. Most natural remedies use acid to remove the stains or yellowing. For example, using lemons or limes. The problem is that anything high in acid content can permanently damage the enamel on your teeth so while they may look whiter, they may also become more sensitive.
Do not try teeth bleaching at home without reading this warning. It is possible for you to permanently damage your teeth when whitening them at home. Your teeth have a hard layer of enamel on the surface. They arrive this way, and once your enamel is gone, you cannot replace it. Underneath your enamel is porous dentin that contains your nerve endings. If the enamel wears away, the dentin will be exposed, and your teeth will become sensitive. Eating and drinking with sensitive teeth can be incredibly uncomfortable and the only way to permanently fix your teeth is to have a cosmetic procedure like bonding or having dental veneers or crowns placed on your teeth. The biggest problem that people can have, when whitening their teeth, is overexposure to the whitening solution. If you place teeth bleaching solution onto your teeth for too long or you whiten your teeth too many times in a short period, you can cause your enamel to erode – permanently damaging your teeth. This is why scheduling a professional teeth whitening is so important. As Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we will make sure that your teeth are whitened correctly by using the right amount of solution and removing it before reaching the point of irritation. If you are looking to save money, at-home whitening may seem alluring. However, the risk that you run of damaging your teeth could create much higher expenses down the road. If you live in the Miami area, schedule a professional bleaching by calling 3058580505 so that you can receive the results that you want without the risk.
Check out what others are saying about our teeth whitening services on Yelp: Professional Teeth Whitening Miami
Professional teeth whitening and how it works.
There are two main types of professional bleaching, and each rely on our professional grade whitening solution. They are entirely safe and will transform the appearance of your teeth without the risk of sensitivity. One option is to visit the dentist and have an in-office whitening treatment that works in around one hour. The second is to have custom whitening trays created that you can wear at home. At Dr. Rita The Smile Designer, we have patients that enjoy both options, so it really becomes a matter of choice. To discuss this further, we invite you to call (305) 858-0505 and schedule a consultation with our Miami dentist office.
If you live in the Miami area, call (305) 858-0505 to schedule your dental exam so that you can remain in good health or receive treatment for a current condition.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- The obsession with having whiter teeth can lead to bleachorexia, or over bleaching, causing significant damage to the tooth enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry combines comprehensive dental principles with artistic sensibility to design and create optimally healthy and beautiful restorations intended to enhance the appearance of one’s smile while preserving ideal function and form.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are discolorations that require professional oral health services such as professional cleanings, teeth whitening procedures, or porcelain veneers for improvement. They can result from consumption of certain foods and beverages, improper oral hygiene, smoking, use of childhood tetracycline antibiotics, among other causes.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is noted when the outer protective enamel layer of the tooth becomes thin or worn, causing mild to advanced sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet stimulants.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for a gel form of amorphous calcium phosphate. This is used to alleviate the discomfort associated with dental hypersensitivity.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages. The lack of proper brushing and flossing may worsen the appearance of stained teeth. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the smile.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and yellowing of teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth. That provided by a dental professional is more effective than those found over the counter.
Back to top of Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening can make your smile another perfect part of your perfect day.If you're looking for the most effective way to whiten your teeth and brighten the appearance of your smile, then you need to consider professional teeth whitening. Unlike store-bought solutions, we can customize the treatment for your needs. By working with our…
Teeth whitening can brighten one's smile, brighten one's day, and brighten up one's life.If you're looking for an effective way to whiten your teeth and brighten your smile, then we can help. With professional teeth whitening, we can provide experienced guidance on how to get the most out of your teeth whitening procedure. We can…
Teeth whitening is a popular dental treatment that helps patients turn back the clock, undo stains, create a brighter smile, raise confidence, and more. Since brushing and flossing do not seem to improve the overall shade of teeth, whitening solutions are becoming more and more popular.Yet, store-bought solutions do not seem to have a substantial…
You won't be afraid to smile after receiving a teeth whitening service at our office. Call for details.If you're looking for a way to brighten your smile, then we can help to make your pearly whites shine. The teeth whitening services at our dental office can alter the shade of your teeth for a whiter…